Monday, February 19, 2007

Financial Lessons - 21 Great Perspectives on Money

Financial Lessons - 21 Great Perspectives on Money

Hi! Those who know me very well know I'm a diehard Star Trek fan! When I was very little, my mother and I would watch the old 1960s original series with Captain James Tiberius Kirk, Mr Spock, Dr (Bones) McCoy and the rest of the intrepid crew of the coolest starship in this or any other galaxy - Enterprise! It didn't matter at all that we did so on a small black and white set or that by the time we got around to viewing that groundbreaking series, it had already been taken off the air by short-sighted studio suits who never cottoned on to the fact that Gene Roddenberry's creation was destined to be reborn through many spin-off series and - so far - 10 movies!

In addition to Star Trek, I also watched lots of other TV programmes. The names and faces of many of their stars have stayed with me over the decades. And that's why a new feature at the CNN website, which you can find right here, was something I found absolutely entertaining and illuminating.

I'd like you to spend a few minutes checking out the Pop Icon feature that presents brief financial advice and observations from 21 big names. As you do so, I'd like you to think seriously about the importance of trying your best to live on half the money you make and to save and invest the other half.

Please also leave a comment below on which of the 21 'lessons' you found most helpful and why.

Finally, if after that you truly want to learn more about sound financial planning, you're welcome to read any, some or all the free articles I've written and posted at my own site.

Take care and bye for now.

Warmest regards,


Rajen

Rajen Devadason is CEO of RD Book Projects and its sister company RD WealthCreation Sdn Bhd. He lives in sunny, peaceful Malaysia with his gorgeous wife Rachel. He's a Malaysian Securities Commission-licensed financial planner, a life planning consultant, a professional speaker and a serial author... which probably explains why he's so exhausted! Some of his books are available here, and, if you're interested, here are some quotations he reckons are accurate, bold or cool.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home