Monday, April 17, 2006

Easter Musical - I'm the brown blob on the right!

Easter Musical - I'm the brown blob on the right!

Hi! It's Easter Monday now and the weekend just past was intense!

I was involved in a massive Easter Musical presentation in my home church in Seremban, Negeri Sembilan, Malaysia. There's a fantastic photo of it in today's (April 17th 2006) Star newspaper, on page 29, along with a nice write-up.

If you'd like to check out that piece online, visit:
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/4/17/nation/13978060&sec=nation

The caption of the picture gives the title of the musical:
Believe - The Story of a King who died for you

If you look really, really, really carefully, at the photo in the Star article at:
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/4/17/nation/13978060&sec=nation
you'll see the choir on the right of the picture. At about the middle of the shot, on the extreme right, you'll see an indistinct brown blob. That would be me, in the back row of the choir, in the bass section. You can also see the back of our awesome choir director, Jocelyn.

In the body of the text of the newspaper article, the last five paragraphs pertain to our musical. My friend Jenny, our long-suffering director, is quoted saying, "We have organised this as one big family..." She's right - and it was a blast!

In closing, I hope you too had a great weekend.

And for those subscribers of my GET BETTER ezine who took the time and trouble to drive to Seremban for the musical, thank you. I hope you had as great a time watching the show as the 350 of us had in putting it together for you.

Take care.

Warmest regards,

Rajen

Rajen Devadason is CEO of RD Book Projects and its sister company RD WealthCreation Sdn Bhd. He lives in sunny, peaceful Malaysia with his gorgeous wife Rachel. He's a Malaysian Securities Commission-licensed financial planner, a life planning consultant, a professional speaker and a serial author... which probably explains why he's so exhausted! Some of his books are available here, and, if you're interested, here are some quotations he reckons are accurate, bold or cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chew Chee Hean said...

Hi Rajen,
I went to the Musical last Sunday and saw you in person...first time ever since i first subscribed to your ezines. I would say I experienced double joyfulness, one being able to watch such a marvelous Musical live! And, secondly, next to no other, was to "watch" you from far in person.

Monday, April 17, 2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger Rajen Devadason said...

Dear Chew,

Great to know you came. I hope you were blessed. You should have come over and said hi!

Still, never mind. Hopefully, we'll have another chance to meet.

Take care and thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to come to the musical presentation, despite the rain. And thank you, also, for writing.

Warmest regards,


Rajen

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home